Sunday, September 21, 2008

Micah Chapter Seven

Read Today's Passage

It is amazing that even with all of the pain, distrust, and evil going on around Micah that he is able to wait upon and trust in God. Who among us today has that ability? I know that I don't often show that type of patience and trust. Oftentimes I am quick to try and come up with my own plans when things go south.

I love the combination of legal metaphor and rescue that Micah uses in the middle portion of this chapter. We will be responsible for bearing the wrath of God for our sins. But not the full brunt. We have to deal with the consequences of our failures, but He is coming and the evil that mocks our trust now will be shown that they are indeed wrong.

Wow. Just wow. Comparing the other sinful nations to the form that Satan took in the Garden of Eden? Bold. To be reminded that God will indeed save us and tread our sin under His feet? I think that we all need to hear that. I know that I do.

No comments: